Name of boat: The Arctic Joule
Number of crew: 4
Material: Marine plywood with fibreglass and kevlar
Design: Ocean rowing design but was built specifically for an Arctic expedition but ideal for an ocean row
Year built: 2013
Built by: Robin Thacker
Previous passages: Partial Crossing of The North West Passage in 2013 (http://mainstreamlastfirst.com/) for more information.
Equipment included in sale: Boat is fully equipped with extensive on board equipment:
- Full charging system with 3 solar panels. Back up battery (fully connected is also installed).
- Full electronics including fixed VHF radio, chart plotter, GPS in the main cabin with repeater screen on deck for rowers to see. Transducer fitted and mounted. All Antenna’s (VHF & Chart plotter)
- Water desalinater
- 4 sets of custom made concept 2 oars
- All rowing seats (including extensive set of back up seats, additional carriages, axles and wheels)
- The aft cabin is large enough to sleep all 4 crew so in the event of a storm the crew can shelter in the one cabin.
Any work required: None – boat is ready to go
Price: $45,000 CAD which includes custom built trailer
Stored at: Vancouver, Canada
Invalid Displayed Gallery